* Borax was traded on the Silk Road for 500 years, starting in the 8th/9th centuries
* It was originally intended to be used medicinally
* Borax was discovered in the Death Valley in the late 1800s
* So much was mined by “20 mule teams” (18 miles and 2 draft horses) that the market collapsed
* The 20 mule teams would take 10 days to cross the desert to get to the railroad
* Borax was originally used to aide digestion, keep milk sweet, lighten complexions and “cure” epilepsy
* None if those original uses are considered safe anymore, but it is safe to use in household cleaners!
Comment below with other questions you might have about Borax!