Did you check out our blog post on how to make laundry detergent and are still curious about borax? Here’s some history for you:
* Borax was traded on the Silk Road for 500 years, starting in the 8th/9th centuries
* It was originally intended to be used medicinally
* Borax was discovered in the Death Valley in the late 1800s
* So much was mined by “20 mule teams” (18 miles and 2 draft horses) that the market collapsed
* The 20 mule teams would take 10 days to cross the desert to get to the railroad
* Borax was originally used to aide digestion, keep milk sweet, lighten complexions and “cure” epilepsy
* None if those original uses are considered safe anymore, but it is safe to use in household cleaners!
Click HERE to check out an article by Wellness Mama to understand why Borax is safe.
Comment below with other questions you might have about Borax!