Do your kids love to make gifts for their mama but those gifts don't always make it past the next recycle day? It's hard to hold onto the million pictures and crafts these sweet souls make. For Mother's Day this year, why not choose one of the following gifts that are sure to bring joy and will last longer than a week or two?
* Take pictures of all the handmade kid's artwork that's around the house and make it into a photo book! Mom and kids will love the lasting quality of their artwork! We love this website to make our photo books!
* Have the kids paint a planter. Spray it with a lacquer (available at your local hardware store) so it'll survive the elements then let the kids pick out flowers to fill it with. These teacups or these teapots are sure to be enjoyed! (Thanks to a sweet friend for this idea.)
* If you're extra crafty, build and paint a wooden box planter like this one and then fill it with flowers of the kids choice.
* These beaded napkin rings are sure to be a hit at Mother's Day brunch and kept for future events
* Have kids paint or draw on bookmarks for mom to keep her place in a fun way. You can make them last longer by getting them laminated at your local office store or simply use packing tape!
* A hand painted Mason jar like this can make a fun vase or storage for little items. Plus mom will get to remember little hands.
* Remember that artwork that seems to multiply? Use it for these magnets that mom will love!
* Give mom a night off from making dinner with these Soup in a Jar mixes.
* Make a sugar scrub for mom. Simply mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup coconut oil and 40-50 drops of her favorite essential oil. Put mixture in a small mason jar and tie with ribbon. Our favorite scents are Citrus Blast, Lavender, and Eucalyptus.
What gift would you love to receive? Or make and give? Comment below to be entered to win a FREE diffuser! (Each comment is another entry!)